GUIDELINES FOR CMBC PLAYERS
We all want our members to be able to play bowls once again, but this must be done safely and securely to ensure the health and safety of everyone. Do not go to the club if you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms or any cold or flu-like symptoms. Use the NHS 111 website or helpline to seek advice. For your own protection, follow the advice about self-isolation if you are, or are living with, someone in one of the vulnerable groups stated by the government. The club cannot take any responsibility if you decide not to follow the government advice, regarding those over 70 and those with underlying health conditions.
TO ACCESS THE BOOKING SYSTEM:
- Go to the club website (www.cowesmedinabowlingclub.com) & click on ‘Booking’in the menu
- Click on ‘month/week/day’ (I find it easier to look at ‘day’ where the sessions are clearer)
- Choose time and rink – these will change each day.
- Either choose ‘create an account’ or ‘book without account’ (if you create an account then you only have to login each time you book, rather than completing all the details each time)
- Click on ‘book’. It will then say ‘your reservation has been processed’
- You will then receive an automatic email to say that your reservation is pending and your request goes to the Administrator. Members should then receive an email within 24 hours to confirm whether the booking is accepted or not.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES THOROUGHLY:
- You must use the online booking system at least 48 hours beforehand, to book your choice of time. Do not just turn up at the green in the hope that there is a spare rink not being used. Please do not book more than two sessions per week and do not book the same session each time.
- Rinks will be available for 90-minute sessions between 12.15pm and 7pm.
- Do not arrive at the green more than 5 minutes before your allotted time.
- The rink markers/numbers will be sanitised and set out for you before and collected in at the end of all the sessions. Do not touch or move the rink markers/numbers before, during or after the game.
- You should only play by yourself, with people from your own household or, with one other person NOT from your household, as long as you stay two metres apart.
- Two mats will be available – please sanitise before and after your session (off the green!)
- Two jacks should be used, available from boxes on the side of the front shed facing the club wall, which you are advised to be set by one player only throughout the game.
- The clubhouse must not be used, except in case of emergency, such as first aid, defibrillator, etc.
- Avoid using the toilets at the club, wherever possible but, if you have to use them, please clean anything that you have touched and take any used wipes home with you.
WHEN YOU FINISH PLAYING:
- Sanitise the mats (off the green!) and leave them on the bank.
- Sanitise both jacks and return to the box at the side of the front shed after cleaning them.
- Ensure that you sanitise the boxes for the jacks, gate-catches and any doors touched.
- You must leave the club no more than 5 minutes after the allotted finish time to avoid contact with others coming in for the next session.
- Ensure that the gate is closed properly, with the latch securely on and that the club is as secure as applicable. There is no need to lock the gate. Any litter should be taken home with you.
THIS CAN ONLY WORK IF EVERYONE TAKES RESPONSIBILITY FOR FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES ABOVE AND FOR CLEANING ANYTHING THAT IS TOUCHED BY YOU, SO YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN ANTI-BACTERIAL SPRAY & WIPES. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE COULD LEAD TO SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES FOR YOU AND/OR OTHERS.