GUIDELINES FOR PLAYERS AT COWES MEDINA BOWLING CLUB
Please read the following guidance thoroughly, as we all want our members to be able to play bowls once again, but this must be done safely and securely to ensure the health and safety of everyone. Do not go to the club if you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms or any cold or flu-like symptoms. Use the NHS 111 website or helpline to seek advice.
Session times: (3 or 4 rinks available per session, depending on numbers)
|12 – 2pm|
|2.15 – 4.15pm||Ladies’ Teams||Men’s A Team|
|4.30 – 7pm||Men’s D Team||Men’s B Team||Men’s E Team||Men’s C Team|
- Please contact Brian Knowles by 6pm the day beforehand, preferably by email (or by phone/text if you do not have email) to book your choice of time. Brian will reply to confirm the booking.
- Don’t just turn up at the green in the hope of there being a spare rink available.
- Please only book one session each time – no block bookings will be accepted.
- Don’t arrive at the green more than 5 minutes before your allotted time.
- All players should sign in, so that, in case the worst happens, we can inform the relevant people.
- Dress appropriately before you get to the club to avoid the need to change clothes. However, you must change your shoes before the game. Please do not arrive in your bowls shoes.
- No spectators are allowed. However, carers are able to assist.
PLAYING THE GAME:
- You can play Singles, Pairs, Triples or Fours but you are advised to keep a social distance.
- All the rink markers/numbers will be sanitised and set out for you before and collected in at the end of all the sessions. Please do not touch or move these at all.
- Only one player is advised to handle the mats during the session.
- Two jacks (one for each lead) should be used throughout the game.
- Scoreboards will not be provided for roll-ups; use your own measure for shot(s); do not touch others’ bowls with your hands – use your feet if necessary. Any ‘bowls-pushers’ used must be sanitised afterwards and returned to the correct place in the shed.
- Wash or sanitise your hands and sanitise any equipment that you use before and after you play. Do not assume that it has been already sanitised thoroughly.
- Please do not use the clubhouse, except in case of emergency, such as first aid, defibrillator, etc.
- Avoid using the toilets at the club, wherever possible but, if you do need to use them, please clean anything that you have touched (antibacterial wipes are provided outside the toilet doors).
- Bring any food or drink you might need with you – please take all litter back with you.
WHEN YOU FINISH PLAYING:
- When you finish playing, ensure that you sanitise the mats and jacks used.
- Return both jacks to the box at the side of the front shed but leave the mats on the bank.
- Change your shoes and leave the club immediately.
- Ensure that the club is secure as applicable and that the gate is closed properly.
You must leave the club no more than 5 minutes after the allotted finish time to avoid contact with others coming in for the next